The brilliant and unique alto saxophone for the younger or smaller player!!
The Alphasax is based around the original body tube of the TJ alto saxophone with completely redesigned mechanism and tone hole positioning for the smaller individual who would previously have been told to "wait until they got bigger" before they could learn to play the sax.
Winner of the 2014 UK Music Industry Association award for 'Best Woodwind & Brass Instrument of the Year'
Key and Mechanism - The Alphasax in the key of Eb, with a full two octave chromatic facility using established finger positioning to enable the smaller player to learn the alto saxophone using current study books. New and innovative mechanism has enabled us to maintain the finger positioning of a normal saxophone.
Key and Mechanism Detail
The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
Weight - At only 1.86kg in weight the revolutionary Alphasax saxophone is 33% lighter than the traditional alto saxophone.
Case - A lightweight (1.48kg) moulded case with backpack straps is included along with a harness strap, mouthpiece, cap, single screw ligature and reed.
The Alphasax is an incredible 3.34kg in its carry case (compared to the usual 4.9kg + for the TJ Classic alto saxophone). A stunning 44% lighter!
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.
TJ sax warranty and owner guide (click here).