TJ The Horn Two-Piece Soprano
The original soprano ideal for first-time players
Launched in 2019, and with a base line on the original designs of TJ saxes in the late 1980s, this saxophone not only looks great but is tonally very encouraging to all new students of the soprano.
In keeping with our quality design and manufacturing base-lines, this saxophone is built using the highest quality materials and then further quality-checked at our technical workshops in Lenham (U.K) by our wonderful team of technicians before making its way to our worldwide network of TJ instrument distributors and then on to your nearest music dealer.
Soprano saxophones are notoriously known for being one of the harder saxes to control and master, however all our TJ soprano’s are built for ease of playing, comfort and sound.
The TJ Horn Soprano has a smooth, fluent action to allow students to move around the instrument with ease.
Great intonation, it's one of the more natural soprano’s to get to grips with on the student market.
WIth a solid build, designed to be robust and durable but without increasing the weight, this is a
perfect starting soprano for anyone
- Key: B-flat
- Range: Bb3 to G5 (Concert: Ab3 to F6)
- Thumb Rests: Plastic upper, metal adjustable lower – So your hand can fit comfortably
- Springs: Blue steel needle springs – Allowing for a smoother action
- Touch pieces: Plastic
- Pads: Leather
- Reflectors: Metal – Allowing for a clear, brighter response and easier air flow throughout the instrument
- Engraving: Floral on the side of the bell
- Mouthpiece: TJ Plastic Mouthpiece – Great starter mouthpiece to get you going
- Ligature: Metal 2-Screw – Best starter ligature, holding the reed on tightly to the mouthpiece. Complete with a cap.
- Accessories: Reeds, Comfortable Neck Sling, Polishing Cloth
- Necks: Two necks, one straight one curved for whichever playing position you would prefer
- Case: Rectangular padded deluxe case with backpack straps, side pocket and side strap
- Weight: 1.36 kg