TJ '88 tenor
A luxurious looking frosted gold tenor sax with a 'Big Voice'
"I am very pleased with the release of theTJ '88, it is one of the best intermediate sax packages I have seen since the REV II. It sounds great, much more sophisticated than beginner saxes at the same price point and the key-work has been positioned correctly making playing easy and comfortable which is often a problem with intermediate horns. The champagne finish is a well selected new variant on the normal gold lacquer, it looks refined and tasteful giving the player a stylish edge. I think that the TJ ‘88’ is a beautiful, well thought out and extremely reasonably priced intermediate sax!". Jim Cheek @sax.co.uk
The TJ '88
A single finished saxophone, the TJ '88 was launched in 2013 to celebrate 25 years of saxophone design. This is a very 'big' sounding sax and one for those players who really want to be heard!
- Frosted gold finish - The finish is a new water based coating which when baked becomes very hard.
- Pads - High quality Italian pads with reflectors
- Brace - A new 'Horn88' three point bell / body brace design.
- Gun rifled crook - The inside of the crook tenon has gun rifling to enhance the air flow and tonal dynamics. This is a big sounding horn!
- Octave key crook badge - Proudly sporting the Union Jack flag overlaid with TJ logo.
- Touchpieces - Smokey grey pearls.
- Case - A high quality shaped case with shoulder straps
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.