"A monster sax" ...Andy Sheppard
"This is not just a good horn, it's a great Horn".....Andy Snitzer
"...The TJ boffins were looking for a horn that would break them into the pro market. They've found it, and in so doing have rewritten the shortlist. It's not just a good horn, it's a great horn ‐ and for the price you'd have to be utterly, utterly insane not to try one before buying anything else. .....Stephen Howard...Author of the Haynes Saxophone Manual
As an advanced and professional sax player you will have experience of playing saxophones made of different metals and finishes. The Signature Custom saxophone aims to bridge the gap between what the player 'demands' in their 'Horn' and what the manufacturer supplies in return.
The award winning 'RAW' and 'RAW XS' Signature Custom saxophones were launched in 2012 following more than 2 years of testing, discussion and research with sax players around the world who wanted a genuine vintage sound along with an aged look to their instrument. Unlike many other Companies who simply apply a coloured finish to the instrument to give it the appearance of being old, we have simply taken the saxophone in it's raw manufactured condition and added the mechanism. So when we say the instrument is RAW...it really is!!
The result?....An instrument with a wide amount of tonal colours, sound options and flexibility which is more personal, more advanced and unlike any other!
The most populat model is the 'RAW' and 'RAW XS' which are designed to 'age' and look like a 'vintage' horn very quickly.
The 'Raw' XS saxophone undergoes extra (XS) hand buffing to the body and mechanism which as sax players tell us "gives it a stunning and yet realisitic old sax look" compared to the standard 'RAW' sax model which is visibly darker throughout.
For more information, visit the dedicated TJ Signature Custom website www.rawsaxophones.com
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.
TJ sax warranty (click here)